Are you ready to get your beauty groove on? If so, you’re in luck! We’ve got the scoop on the hottest makeup trends of 2024. From bold new looks to innovative grooming solutions, we’ve got it all covered in this one article. So grab your makeup brush and let’s get trendy!
No matter your preferred makeup style: nude or bold, you’ll be looking and feeling your best with whichever look you choose. So get creative – the possibilities are endless!
What’s Trendy Today
2023 is all about ‘self-expression’ when it comes to makeup trends! It’s easier than ever to get the look you want these days – almost any makeup can make you look good and stand out from the crowd. After all, it’s not about what’s fashionable; it’s more important that your makeup complements who YOU are!
Who doesn’t want to be on trend? Get ready for some seriously chic makeup looks—they’ll have you looking like a modern-day goddess.
Purple is the new black in the fashion world! From soft pastels to saturated fuchsia, purple is the color of choice for winter and fall. Whether you’re looking to make a bold statement or just want to add a pop of color to your wardrobe, purple is definitely the way to go!
If you’re looking for a less sparkly and quieter option, try using the light purple glitter from palettes such as Huda Beauty’s Mercury Retrograde. It’s like magic!
If you’re looking for a new way to make your eyes stand out, purple might be the colour for you! This trend is especially pleasing to owners of brown and green eyes, as purple can really bring out their intensity and depth. But don’t worry blue-eyed girls – we still recommend giving it a try! You never know what surprise your peepers may have in store.
Eyeshadow Palette, Eveline Mystic Galaxy
Yves Saint Laurent Lame Crush
Peach on Lips & Cheeks
If you thought that lush peach was just a summer shade, think again! This parade-like colour of the nude range can be cleverly incorporated into fall and winter makeup looks. From your eyes to your cheeks, lips, and beyond – it’s no wonder why this hue is a beloved all-season staple for beauty lovers everywhere!
Peach eyeshadow or blush is the perfect place to start when you’re ready to take your makeup game to the next level. Not only does it provide a natural, flattering look, but it’s also the ideal base for experimenting with more adventurous shades and accents. So if you’re ready to break out of your monochrome makeup routine, grab some peach and get creative!
If you’re looking for that perfect shade of blush, why not try NARS Orgasm or NYX Ombre Blush? They’ll give you the cheekbones of a goddess with no boring moments!
Kiko Milano CULT COLOURS EYESHADOW PALETTE
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP hot singles eye shadow
Arrows in All Shapes
This season, fashion magazines are abuzz with the latest trend: arrows! From Elle to Vogue, everyone’s talking about this new look. In 2024, you can find arrows in almost any shape imaginable. Chanel, Versace and other top designers have been putting their own unique spin on the classic arrow look, creating stylish and fashionable looks that will last for years to come.
Who needs a runway when you can make a fashion statement right on the streets? If you’re looking to add some style to your everyday looks, try adding some colour or livening up your look with a black outline. But if you’re feeling brave, why not add some drama with huge fanned arrows from the bridge of your nose to the temples? Now that’s what we call real fashion!
If you want to get creative with your makeup look, you’ll need the right tools. To create the perfect arrow look, you’ll need a well-pigmented waterproof pencil or liner. And if you have oily eyelid skin, don’t forget to use a powder and an eye shadow base before getting started! With these tools in hand, you’ll be ready to create trendy 2024 arrows that will make everyone swoon!
Naturalness: No Makeup
After a fabulous start, let’s chat about the makeup trends of 2024 that have been around for years and seem like they’re here to stay. It looks like we’ll be seeing more of them in the future!
Make-up is having a make-under! Naturalness and lightness are trending in the beauty industry as more people are embracing the no-makeup makeup look. This look emphasizes healthy-looking skin, natural-looking eyebrows, and natural-looking lips. It’s an effortless and timeless way to enhance your beauty without looking like you’ve tried too hard.
Looking like you’re not wearing any makeup is actually quite complicated! It takes a lot of skill and time to create that perfect no makeup look. Plus, let’s face it – quality products are essential too! The classic no makeup includes the following items:
- moisturizer, make-up base;
- a light, translucent bb cream, concealer;
- radiant powder, blush, a dash of highlighter;
- eyebrow gel and a thin pencil to fill in missing hairs if necessary;
- light shimmery eye shadow;
- brown or grey pencil to trace the lash line;
- lip gloss or a tinted balm.
This make-up is the perfect solution if you want to look professional and fancy at the same time. Girls with light complexion can also take advantage of it and rock their school or work look!
Move over matte, gloss is taking over and it’s all thanks to Kylie Jenner. She single-handedly ignited the trend of glossy lips with her legendary lip line, and now it’s become a major trend in beauty. From glittery glosses to shimmery highlighters, Kylie has us all shining bright like a diamond.
For the truly daring, try out a “lip glass” for that perfect glossy pout. For those who prefer subtlety, we have classic glosses in various shades of natural – so you can shine without appearing too ‘done up’.
Gone are the days of sticky glosses that leave your lips looking like a mess! Now, thanks to modern formulas, you can get the perfect glossy look without the hassle. Erborian oil-gloss is almost colourless, so it enhances your lips’ natural beauty while still giving you that perfect glossy shine. And products from other brands make it even easier to achieve a beautiful glossy look without sacrificing comfort or quality.
Ah winter, the season for sweaters, hot chocolate and… pink blushes? Yes indeed! It’s time to switch up your blush routine and get your cheeks looking frosty this season. Pink is the perfect choice for winter as it adds a touch of warmth and color to your face without looking too over-the-top. So whether you’re going out for dinner or just staying in, make sure to add a little bit of pink to keep your cheeks looking rosy!
Winter is the perfect season for experimentation with makeup! With just one product, you can transform your look in a variety of ways. Pink blush is the perfect multifunctional item – it can be used as an eye shadow, blush, or even highlight on your cheekbones and temples. Plus, when paired with light winter skin, it’ll create a stunning look that’ll have everyone asking what your secret is!
If you’re looking for a way to add some color to your look, pink blush is the perfect way to do it! With so many options available, from stick, tint, highlighter, cushion and shadow, you can find the perfect formula for a delicate and natural makeup. So don’t be afraid to experiment- there’s a pink blush out there for everyone!
For anyone looking to make their cheekbones stand out like a work of art, the answer lies in a little colour play. Try using a darker colour in a straight line below your cheekbone and then add a highlighter above it – you’ll be amazed at the definition you can achieve!
Just step into 2024 and you’ll see it – the mission of this year is to bring more fun, originality, and creative self-expression to your makeup. Girls are wearing glitter like never before – from everyday looks to special occasions. Let your face sparkle!
Glitter is like the make-up equivalent of a diamond necklace – when used correctly, it can make you look absolutely stunning! The most popular places to glam up with glitter are your eyelids and cheekbones, but you can really decorate those parts of your face however you want!
If you’re ready to add a touch of sparkle to your look, then glitter makeup is the way to go! But before you start slathering on the sparkles, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Applying and wearing glitter makeup safely requires following a few simple rules:
- From moisturizing your skin first to removing loose particles with micellar water, these guidelines will make sure that your glitz and glam is both beautiful and safe!
- Be sure to choose high quality, glitter-free products. You can be exposing your skin to small particles of metal or other unsafe substances if you’re not careful and don’t use the right products.
- Exfoliate before applying glitter, so that your skin is cleaner than ever beforehand. This will remove any residue from the product and keep you safe!
- Apply a small amount of translucent powder over any areas where glitter might rub off onto clothes or hair. This will ensure that unwanted particles don’t come loose and land on anything else!
- Apply your glitter-based makeup in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight. Direct heat and UV rays can cause the glitter to melt.
- Be sure to remove all makeup before you shower or bath, so that any loose particles do not end up in the water and harm your skin!
Natural makeup is having a moment, and that includes eyebrows! Gone are the days of the bold, thick brows of 2015 – today’s trends favor a more subtle, natural look. Natural eyebrows are the perfect way to complete your makeup look and add a touch of sophistication. Whether you prefer thin and manicured or full and bushy, there’s something for everyone!
When it comes to nailing that perfect look, the power of eyebrow gel can’t be underestimated. Whether you want a subtle tint or an all-out dramatic effect, Benefit’s range of coloured gels will help you achieve your desired look without overdoing it or staining your skin. So grab that eyebrow gel and get ready for your close-up!
New Makeup Looks 2024
It’s 2024, and the makeup world is in a frenzy! Our team of experts have scoured the web to bring you the hottest trends in each area of your face: eyebrows, eyes, lips and face. So strap in and get ready – we’re about to summarize all of our research into the best makeup looks for 2024!
Gone are the days of too-bright, too-bold makeup looks. Today’s trendiest facial makeup is all about subtlety and elegance. Think barely-there blushes, soft pink lip tints, and light shimmers that create a natural glow. It’s time to say goodbye to bricky red sculptors and fiery blushes – hello to a beautiful, timeless look!
So you want to be fabulously made up for your next big night out, but you don’t know which face make-up product to choose? Let’s do an elimination tournament and figure out which one is the winner! (Let the battle commence!)
- Foundation. When it comes to foundation, it’s time to ditch the thick, mask-like textures and go for something lightweight and natural. Water-based bb and cc creams are the perfect solution for achieving a natural, flawless finish without looking like you’re wearing a ton of makeup. So skip the caked-on look – lighten up your foundation routine with these lighter alternatives!
- Concealer. Are you looking for a way to hide your imperfections without having to put in too much effort? If so, then look no further than concealer! This amazing product can be applied with a sponge or finger, making it quick and easy to hide those pesky blemishes. Plus, you can even choose a lighter concealer to highlight key areas of your face. So what are you waiting for? Get concealing today!
- Move over, contouring! In 2024, natural looks are the future. Contuorning is all about creating subtle accents and setting natural shadows—not about a full face transformation. So if you’re looking for some cool-toned sculpting action, then a little bit of bronzer should do the trick.stick formula is your best bet for achieving the perfect look.
Natural makeup is all the rage right now – and even Estee Lauder has jumped on the bandwagon with a new version of their iconic Double Wear. This one comes in a lightweight fluid – perfect for daytime, just as trends dictate!
Eyebrows are at the peak of their fashion game right now, so let’s keep them looking appropriately ‘au naturel’. But if you want to jazz them up and really accentuate them, a little eyebrow fixing gel or even some soap can do the trick (just don’t go overboard with it!). And, if you’re missing a few hairs here and there just fill them in with these same products:
- Pencils are the choice of many when it comes to drawing their eyebrows. The key is to use a dry, light product which will create thin, subtle lines that look natural. Some makeup artists even recommend using two pencils at once – a darker and lighter one – so they mimic our real hairs!
- When it comes to amazing eye-brows, Vivienne Sabo’s liners are the way to go! They’re so subtle and light that you’ll barely feel their presence. Plus, they come in a range of natural shades that will have your eyebrows looking great. No more drawing hard lines down your brows – just draw out individual hairs for perfection!
- Going for the classic slick-back look? Don’t forget to select a pomade shade that’s a bit lighter than your eyebrows – and make sure to use a thin brush for an ultra-sleek finish!
If your eyebrows are out of control and you don’t know what to do, the solution is simple – give them a lathery wash! This method works better than any other form of taming your unruly brows. And hey, if all fails, you can also try out some eyebrow lamination treatments; they really work wonders!
Get ready to channel your inner futuristic diva! 2024’s eye makeup trends are here and they are full of color, sparkle, and bold shapes. If you want to make sure your look is on point, here are a few key features to use: sleek lines, metallic hues, and subtle shimmering effects. With these tips in mind, you can create an eye-catching look that will emphasize your unique beauty this year.
- Makeup artists are taking a different approach these days. They seem to be giving dark smoky eyes a miss and opting for a single shade look instead. It’s the perfect way to achieve an everyday makeup look without having to use multiple shades – all you need is one!
- If you want to look your best, go for glossy textures! Forget the dry and liquid shadows; give your eyelids a smooth, wrinkle-less finish with shimmers. It’s gotta be shimmery – no ifs, ands or buts about it!
- When it comes to blushes eye shadow, the best way to go is to give your eyes an almond-shape is by brushing towards the temples. Because let’s face it, who doesn’t want almonds-shaped eyes?
Wanna make your eyes look bigger? No worries- just use a bit of makeup magic! Add some shadow and pigment to the sides of your eyelids, while leaving the middle area lightened. It’s an old trick used by make-up artists on the telly – voila!
Fashionable lips have been through a lot of changes over the past few years and it’s tough to keep up with all the trends. But don’t worry, here’s some helpful tips on how to apply lipstick, pencil or gloss so you can always look stunning and stylish!
- If you want to make your lips look stunning, it’s all about the perfect shade of pencil! Choose one slightly darker than your natural color and practice outlining lightly – upper lip contours should be light, while lower lip sides require a bit more finesse.
- Got blondies or brunettes in your life? Just remember to stay cool for the blondes and warm for the brunettes when you’re picking out the gloss. Don’t get it twisted!
- Looking for the perfect pout? “Kissed lips” makeup is having a moment! It’s as easy as using a subtle shade along the lip line and then going bold with a bright, vibrant color inside—you can even get creative for some added texture. Blur everything together and you will end up with lips that are both plump and fabulous!
- If you want lips that look like you were born with them, don’t stress about it – just pick up a pencil and trace the natural outline of your lips. To finish, add a balm for moisture and a hint of shiny colour!
Want to stay on trend with your makeup in 2024? Look no further than Vogue’s “The Monday Makeover” playlist! Each video features an exciting celebrity guest demonstrating the entire process of achieving the perfect look – from primer to contour, and blush to highlighter.
Makeup for Everyday Life
When it comes to daytime makeup, the rule of thumb is: less is more. You don’t want to look like you’ve just stepped out of a drag show at work, after all! Instead, focus on subtle touches that bring out your natural beauty. Think light concealers, mascara, and lip gloss – nothing too dramatic or flashy. That way you’ll look polished and natural all day long!
Whether you’re heading to work or running errands, daytime makeup is a great way to look and feel put together. Makeup artists typically use a light BB-cream, concealer, cream or dry blush, light sculptor without redness, nude shadows with a light shimmer or matte, transparent or tinted brow gel and mascara – plus penciling in your intercisel lines for extra finesse.
Makeup for Work or School
If you’re going to a location that has a strict dress code, dial back on the makeup. Check out the tips from the preceding section for helpful advice. But if your dress code doesn’t allow for any makeup whatsoever? Well, you could always just paint on a happy face!
We have the perfect makeup tips for you – so effective that everyone will be looking around for where that beautiful glow is coming from, but nobody will know it’s your makeup!
- Looking to put your best face forward? Refresh your makeup routine by swapping powders for light and airy fluids or moisturizers. For those with oily skin, matte wipes are the way to go – they won’t let you down!
- Give your eyebrows a break from the colour palette and shape them up with some colourless eyebrow gel – it’ll make sure all those little hairs stay neatly in place, so you can go about your day without having to worry about them!
- If you have concealer, the best way to rock it is by adding a light touch of blush or go completely blush-free!
- Here’s the key to lip make-up perfection: draw on your lips with a pencil and finish with a glossy balm to get that natural color — you’ll be ‘kissproof’ in no time!
- If you want to be subtly artistic with your eyes, try using kajal! It’s the perfect way to create a hidden ‘arrow’ on the mucosa of your eyelid. Plus, it’s greasy and black for an extra bit of style.
Keep your make-up look perfect for longer with a spritz of makeup spray! Not only does it help it stay in place for longer, some sprays also give you that extra glow and can even make your skin look so smooth and natural, like you’re wearing no make-up at all.
Makeup for a Date
A date’s the perfect time to look stunning without going overboard. But with so many options, it can be difficult to decide what makeup’ll suit your style. So, don’t worry we’ve got the perfect solution: a subtle but chic makeup look that’ll make him think you woke up like this!
- Step up your beauty game by choosing between a bold red lipstick or eye-catching arrows. You can’t have both, so now’s the time to decide – eyes or lips?
- Spritz a makeup spray on instead of powder and finish off with a matte wipe for the camera-ready look – no one wants to see any unexpected ‘snowflakes’ or dry patches when you’re up close and personal chatting!
- If you want to look sweet, put some blush on your apples. If you prefer a bold look, give your cheekbones a darker portrait to really bring that out!
It’s best to go with your tried and true look on dates, no matter how tempting it might be to try something new. Keep your makeup clean and simple so you don’t have any “uh-oh” moments when you’re up close and personal with your date.
If you’re rocking the bar scene or attending a wedding, your makeup can make all the difference. But fear not, whatever the occasion there are a few things to remember when it comes to evening makeup – whether it’s New Year’s Eve or any other holiday!
We’re teaming up with a lot more oomph than usual!
Don’t be stingy with your hair, makeup and outfit choices if you’re attending a night event – go all out – get that Insta-worthy look!
With some careful maneuvering, you can give yourself the ultimate double-underline look — a bold statement for your eyes and lips!
Before applying makeup, don’t forget to give yourself a primer and spritz some fix-it spray to keep it lasting all day long!
For your next glam look, try false lashes or bunches to make a lasting statement!
Even if you’re a fan of minimal makeup, don’t forget to amp up your glam for a night out. That’s because once the party starts and the camera flashes start popping, your makeup won’t be as noticeable so you’ll have to apply even more!
If you’re looking to break from the norm and liven up your everyday makeup, we discovered some exciting ideas! Get ready to stand out from the crowd with these unique looks.
- Don’t have a liner? No problem! If you need some color in your life, use colored arrows. We recommend dry shadow and lip gloss- these will help you create the perfect outline.
- It’s time to put the sparkle and pizzazz back into your life. Get yourself some glitter, patterns, and other sparkly accessories – it’s what’s trending today!
- Unleash your creativity by experimenting with the shape of your eyebrows! Whether you want them shooting upwards or split in two, there are plenty of fun and unique makeup designs to explore.
- Let’s get ‘lippy’ and try something new with our makeup! We noticed a few trends that are in style right now like trying out different shades on your upper and lower lips, using gradient colors or adding glitter glam.
- Yes, the best blush color usually resembles natural flush, but don’t be afraid to experiment with bolder shades – after all, which girl doesn’t want to stand out from the crowd? Try combining different colors on your cheeks and cheekbones to get an awesome look!
Latest trends in makeup are just a few clicks away. All you need is your phone and an internet connection to access the treasure trove of ideas on Pinterest, brand pages (Charlotte Tilbury, Dior, Chanel, YSL) and video tutorials on TikTok & YouTube. Ready to stay ahead of the game?